Here we link to some simple examples that demonstrate the capabilities of the Spotify Web API.
Web API Tutorial
Displays current user’s information such as display name, picture and email.
Searches for an artist, displaying their albums and making it possible to play a 30 second preview of the first track of each album.
A demo that recognizes voice commands and plays the desired song. Remember to enable your microphone and grant access to the web app to make it work.
Echo Nest example apps
Together, the Echo Nest and Spotify APIs provide broad and deep data on millions of artists and songs, making it easy for you to build world-class music apps that take advantage of all of the capabilities provided by both APIs. You can find many excellent examples at the Echo Nest website, including:
- Genre Browser – With The Genre Browser you can learn about a new genres. You can read about the background and history of the genre, listen to its music, learn about the genre’s key artists and more. It uses the Echo Nest’s Genre APIs and the Spotify Web API.
- Similar Artist Browser – Given a seed artist, this app shows images of similar artists.
- Simple Playlist – Creates an Echo Nest artist radio playlist with the Spotify Play Button.
- Simple Playlist with Web API – Creates an Echo Nest artist radio playlist using the Spotify Web API.
- Chill Radio – Creates an artist radio of low energy songs using the Spotify and Echo Nest APIs
Here we collect a list of libraries for integrating with the Spotify Web API using several programming languages and platforms.