Audio Features & Analysis
Explore audio features and in-depth audio analysis of tracks
With the Spotify Developer Platform, you’re able to read calculated audio features of tracks to learn about its danceability, energy, valence, and more. For more advanced use cases, it is possible to read in-depth analysis data about tracks such as the segments, tatums, bars, beats, pitches, and more.
- Mood: Danceability, Valence, Energy, Tempo
- Properties: Loudness, Speechiness, Instrumentalness
- Context: Liveness, Acousticness
- Segments, Tatums, Bars, Beats, Pitches, Timbre, and more
Real apps that integrate audio features & analysis
Bring music from Spotify to your application
We offer multiple, fully featured playback solutions depending on your needs
- Play music directly in the web browser, with the Web Playback SDK
- Use Spotify Connect to control and transfer playback between any of a user’s active devices seamlessly.
- With just a few lines of code, embed play widgets with Spotify’s look and feel
Real apps that integrate playback
This iPhone app provides curated mixtapes with a sleek UI and playback powered by Spotify.
C - Listening Room
Multiple users can propose and vote for songs, and then play them in a synchronised way through Spotify.
With this app, you can listen to all your Spotify music on the run, while keeping track of your workout.
Customize and serve Spotify’s powerful recommendations to your users
With specific controls - such as market, seeds (artists, genres, tracks), ranged audio features (danceability, valence, tempo, liveness, etc) and popularity, you can generate very specific recommendations based on Spotify’s powerful and industry-leading algorithms.
- Get available genre seeds for recommendations
- Get recommendations based on specific controls
Find any track, artist, album or playlist on Spotify
Search and get information about any artist, album, track, or playlist on Spotify based on a search query.
- Search based on user’s market
- Search based on any market
- Search up to 10,000 results
Real apps that integrate search
Record Player is an internet Rube Goldberg Machine that combines the Google Cloud Vision API and the Spotify API to play albums based on a picture of the album cover.
Search for any artist, and this app will use search to help you find related artists and visualize their connection.
Six Degrees of Kanye West
Similar to Artist Explorer, but with a Kanye laser focus. This app will tell you how closely connected your artist is to Kanye West, based on artist collaboration.
Manage Spotify users’ playlists directly from your application
Create, modify, view, delete, and set custom covers for your user’s playlists.
- Read User and Public Playlists, such as Discover Weekly and Release Radar
- Read, Modify and Upload a Custom Cover for a User’s Public & Private Playlists
- Add, Remove, and Reorder Tracks in a Playlist
Real apps that integrate playlists
Relive a concert--or prepare for an upcoming one--by creating a playlist of a specific concert's setlist.
Get deeper in an artist's catalog: this app takes a playlist and replaces each song by another one by that artist.
If your playlist collection is getting out of hand, this app will identify duplicate tracks and help you delete them.
Access information about any track, artist or album
Discover the millions of tracks, artists, or albums on Spotify in the user’s local market or a specific Spotify market.
- Read metadata information about tracks, artists, or albums
- Read algorithmically related artists to a particular artist
- Play 30 second clip of available tracks
- Read popularity explicit rating of tracks
- Read the International Standard Recording Code (ISRC) of any track
- Receive responses based on user’s market, or a specific market
Get market-specific featured playlists and new releases from Spotify
Read featured new releases and curated playlists created by Spotify’s editorial team, based on popularity, mood, international events, and genres.
- List of Featured Playlists
- List of Featured New Releases
- Browse Categories and their Playlists
Read more about the user’s listening tastes on Spotify
Learn more about what a user’s recently played and most listened to tracks and artists. And allow users to save and unsave tracks and albums, as well as follow and unfollow artists.
- Read user’s top tracks and artists
- Read user’s recently played tracks (up to 50)
- Save and unsave tracks and albums