iOS SDK Beta 5 (Release Cand
Posted September 5th, 2014
We’re happy to announce the release of iOS SDK Beta 5 (Release Candidate) with a number of new features and bug fixes. You can read more about the iOS SDK on the Spotify Developer Site and download it from the spotify/ios-sdk GitHub repo.
- We merged the functionality of the
SPTAudioStreamingController, giving you proper support for gapless playback, shuffle, etc.
- You can now remove tracks from playlists. (Issue #2)
- Shuffle is properly supported. (Issue #25)
- The examples are background-audio enabled. (Issue #35)
- You can now call a Logout function explicitly. (Issue #42)
- Multi-get functionality for Tracks, Albums, Artists and Playlists. (Issue #66)
- You can add multiple tracks to playlists at once. (Issue #118)
- A couple of easter eggs.
- Follower count is returned for playlists. (Issue #57)
- Images, external urls and description is returned for playlists.
- You get a notification when a track was skipped because it’s unavailable. (Issue #102)
currentPlaybackPositionis properly reset on track change. (Issue #112)
SPTAuthUserReadPrivateScopeis defined. (Issue #116)
SPTAudioStreamingControllercompletion block is called correctly. (Issue #117)
- Partial track, album and artist return properties that were missing. (e.g. available territories and external urls.)