iOS SDK Beta 3 Released
Posted June 18th, 2014
We’re happy to announce the release of iOS SDK Beta 3 with a number of new features and bug fixes.
SPTSessionhas been completely rewritten to use the new Spotify authentication stack. This means that you need to re-do your auth code. Additionally, the Client ID and Client Secret provided with earlier betas will no longer work. See the main readme for more information (Issue #3).
- The Basic Auth demo project has been rewritten to be much more friendly for new users to understand what’s going on.
- You’ll need to update your Token Swap Service for the new auth flow. A new example is provided with the SDK.
SPTArtistconvenience getters for albums and top lists:
-requestTopTracksForTerritory:withSession:callback:(Issue #44, Issue #34).
- Added ability to get the user’s “Starred” playlist using
+starredListForUserInSession:callback:method (Issue #15).
- Various API changes and additions to metadata objects. In particular, users may
be interested in the availability of album art on
SPTPartialAlbumand track count and owner properties on
SPTAudioStreamingControllernow has a customisable streaming bitrate.
- Added ability to get detailed information about the logged-in user using
+userInformationForUserInSession:callback:method (Issue #40).
SPTListPageclass to deal with potentially large lists in a sensible manner. Objects with potentially long lists (playlist and album tracks lists, search results, etc) now return an
SPTListPageto allow you to paginate through the list.
- Core metadata classes now work properly (Issue #52 and a bunch of others).
- Delegate methods are now marked
- Playlists not owned by the current user can be requested as long as your application has permission to do so (Issue #10).
SPTAudioStreamingControllernow calls the
audioStreaming:didChangeToTrack:delegate method with a
niltrack when track playback ends (Issue #21).
SPTAudioStreamingControlleris more aggressive at clearing internal audio buffers (Issue #46).
SPTAudioStreamingControllerno longer crashes on 64-bit devices when calling certain delegate methods (Issue #45).
SPTAuthno longer crashes when handling an auth callback URL triggered by the user pushing “Cancel” when being asked to log in (Issue #38).
- Included .docset now correctly works with Xcode and Dash (Issue #12).